Longton Rugby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catering on training days

3 posters

Go down

Catering on training days Empty Catering on training days

Post  pete Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:05 am

Why is it if you go to any other club there is bacon baps,chips on a sunday for supporters.
Even on training days

pete

Back to top Go down

Catering on training days Empty Catering on Training Days

Post  Alan Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:41 am

Do you mean to buy or for free?

I guess it depends upon how many people attendng or watching training are likely to buy some food, as to whether or not it's worth the caterers setting up for training sessions.

During matches there's always food available for players (foc - although home players should have paid match fees) and for spectators to buy.

Alan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Catering on training days Empty Re: Catering on training days

Post  pete Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 am

Alan wrote:Do you mean to buy or for free?

I guess it depends upon how many people attendng or watching training are likely to buy some food, as to whether or not it's worth the caterers setting up for training sessions.

During matches there's always food available for players (foc - although home players should have paid match fees) and for spectators to buy.
to buy there was food for under 14 players and away supporters but nothing on for home sopporters.upset couple of people.we are willing to pay. Sad

pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:33 am

It sounds strange that the caterers didn't put something on for you to buy - e.g. the meal that had been prepared for the players, a sandwich, some chips etc. It also seems like a lost opportunity to bring in some revenue to the Club.

Alan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 am

Having investigated this a bit further, I understand that the Club arranged food for the all the players and the away parents.

Providing food for free to away parents isn't something we usually do, and as you know, it isn't something that we've experienced ourselves when we've been away. But I'm sure you'd agree it was a nice touch for the visiting parents considering how far they had travelled to enable their lads to play us.

Catering seems to be a bit of a problem area as the Club never knows how many people will stay to watch a match and so it is difficult to make suitable arrangements without running the risk of having lots of food left over.

Also, Sunday's game was a bit of a rush to organise as we only got the call on Friday from Bromsgrove.

But we are sorry if anyone felt inconvenienced.

We'll get it sorted before the next home game and will make sure this doesn't happen again.

But do you think there should be food available on Sundays that are training days? If so, how many parents would want to buy something to eat and what sort of things would they want to buy?

Cheers

Alan

Alan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Catering on training days Empty catering for supporters

Post  doug finney Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 am

Catering for spectators is a difficult area to address at the moment, as catering generally is provided by a franchised caterer, who does not have a presence at the club on training days. When matches are arranged, the caterer has provided food for players( Free) and spectators ( to purchase). Sunday's U14s game friendly against Bromsgrove was arranged at the last minute and so it was not possible to get the caterers in at such short notice. Food for the players was provided by club members but it was not possible to cater for spectators this time.
In the past I personally have provided for hot drinks on training nights, but we need some volunteers to take this job on if it is to be any more than a 'help yourself and honesty box service'.
If parents want a food service on a normal training night, then this would have to be charged and due to the low demand levels, would be expensive, if the caterer has to provide staff on the off-chance of some demand.
I agree that we must look into providing food on match days and this is usually the case but consider that the small number of spectators attending coaching sessions would not prove cost effective.

doug finney

Back to top Go down

Catering on training days Empty catering.Training days & match days for under 14's

Post  pete Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 am

Can i just say what a great job Jez & wife did on sunday,food was good and kids and supporters had a good meal]But can we have a smile off jez with the service ]Laughing well done jez & co Very Happy

pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down