Longton Rugby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luton Farce

2 posters

Go down

Luton Farce Empty Luton Farce

Post  srobson Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 am

The situation on Saturday was a total farce. I spent £30-£40 on petrol to watch the game. On arrival it was obvious that the pitch was still hard under a very slippery top centimetre of mud. Apparently at 10.30 when the team coach set off the pitch was unplayable and had only a 50/50 chance of being fit. This being the case the game should have been called off then with such a long trip ahead. Safety of players is so important and there was no way you could scrummage safely on that pitch. Luton tried to justify that the pitch was fit by saying an U16 game had taken place beforehand. Besides being irrelevant I would not have liked to have beenthe coach of one of those teams if someone has broken their neck. Sorry needed to get that off my chest!

srobson

Back to top Go down

Luton Farce Empty Luton Farce

Post  thesofa Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Well said Robbo I understand they were using the junior game as a lever on the ref so they could claim the points!Sounds like he was strong character.
Luton have to ask why we would travel for 3.5 hours on a coach with a full strength team not to play
Ampthill was called off too, check out rolling-maul.com and see some of the posts about the games cancelled due to adverse weather!!

thesofa

Back to top Go down