Should we have stayed at Roughcote?

25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
75% 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Should we have stayed at Roughcote?

Post  crimbo on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 am

No-one can deny all the hard work put in by Martin, Mick and others. But do you think that the move to Trentham Fields has been good for the club? Or should we have stayed at Roughcote and carried on as a we were?
crimbo
Admin

http://longtonrugby.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we have stayed at Roughcote?

Post  bruce hadley on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Crimbo wrote:No-one can deny all the hard work put in by Martin, Mick and others. But do you think that the move to Trentham Fields has been good for the club? Or should we have stayed at Roughcote and carried on as a we were?
The move was right and in the current depression the timing was just right . I think if results were going well on the pitch the question might not be raised. I think all the hard work in the past needs/must be carried on to make Longton rugby a success.

bruce hadley

Back to top Go down

the move to Trentham Fields

Post  doug finney on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:34 pm

bruce hadley wrote:
Crimbo wrote:No-one can deny all the hard work put in by Martin, Mick and others. But do you think that the move to Trentham Fields has been good for the club? Or should we have stayed at Roughcote and carried on as a we were?
The move was right and in the current depression the timing was just right . I think if results were going well on the pitch the question might not be raised. I think all the hard work in the past needs/must be carried on to make Longton rugby a success.
Staying at Roughcote was never an option for the Junior or Ladies Sections. The total lack of changing and training facilities was a MAJOR obstacle to youth development and the benefits of bringing rugby to a wider audience would have been lost. What we have at Trentham Fields is tremendous, we now need to work together to make it feel like home.

doug finney

Back to top Go down

Re: Should we have stayed at Roughcote?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down