Longton Rugby Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astro Turf Pitch

2 posters

Go down

Astro Turf Pitch Empty Astro Turf Pitch

Post  IanP Thu May 07, 2009 12:56 pm

The facilities at the club are second to none. But what would the club think about sharing with another sports team ? For example Barlaston Hockey club does not have its own clubhouse or ATP pitch. They play all their matches away and for training I beleive they hire yhe ATP at Alleynes Sports Centre, Stone. The North Staffs Hockey Club hires Newcastle Under Lyme School pitch and uses a nearby club for hospitality.
Hockey clubs tend to train 2-3 nights per week (mixture of youth, adult men and adult women teams) they also play throughout the day on saturdays (presumably alternate saturdays for home games).
Other than the ATP and car parking spaces they should not be too much of a drain on resources, indeed their extra custom at the club bar would be advantageous to the club.

Just a thought. : Wink

IanP

Back to top Go down

Astro Turf Pitch Empty ATP

Post  Lode Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 am

This is exactly the type of interest the club is hoping to generate through the website and forum so thanks for taking the time to post the question. My son in law plays for North Staffs and I have mentioned it to him before. I don't think however that the surface suits hockey and the size is not quite right for matches. However if you can get me a contact at Barlaston we could invite them down for a look and a chat.

Lode

Back to top Go down

Astro Turf Pitch Empty ATP

Post  IanP Fri May 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry I cannot find either a website or contact details for Barlaston Hockey Club.

Perhaps contact could either be made via info@englandhockey.org

or maybe your family member has a phone number for someone he knows in the club

IanP

Back to top Go down

Astro Turf Pitch Empty Re: Astro Turf Pitch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum